Grill Brushes and Their Evils

Nothing like a good barbecue! Less to clean up, easy to cook, and tasty. Rhode Island Hospital physicians have identified six cases of accidental ingestion of wire grill brush bristles that required endoscopic or surgical removal. The paper calls attention to the need for the public and physicians to be aware of this potential danger. It is published in the American Journal of Roentgenology and is now available online in advance of print. David Grand, M.D., a radiologist in the diagnostic imaging department at Rhode Island Hospital, is the lead author of the paper. Grand explains that six patients were identified within an 18-month period who presented to the emergency department within 24 hours of ingesting grilled meat. Their symptoms were odynophagia (painful swallowing in the mouth or esophagus) or abdominal pain.
Trackbacks

    Warning: Use of undefined constant type - assumed 'type' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/grassland/comments.php on line 30
Comments

    Warning: Use of undefined constant type - assumed 'type' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/grassland/comments.php on line 38
Leave a Comment